Speech Therapy Services.
Speech Therapy at The Behavior Exchange helps children in a wide range of areas, from feeding and swallowing to voice quality and language skills. Speech Therapy is the ideal complement to our ABA Therapy services, because they often share the same focus – learning social and communication skills children need to be successful in school. If you’re concerned about your child’s speech and language development, please contact us. Early diagnosis and treatment is critical, and Speech Therapy can help!
How does it work?
- Speech Therapy at The Behavior Exchange is customized for each child. It can take the form of one-on-one therapy or a group setting, depending on a child’s initial assessment, abilities and goals.
- Our certified therapists use age-appropriate activities and fun games to improve the quality of children’s speech as well as their ability to use language in social situations and to communicate their wants and needs.
- In addition, we offer auditory habilitation/rehabilitation to help children who have never learned to speak or have lost their hearing after learning to speak.
- Each Speech Therapy session is typically 45-60 minutes long and scheduled 1-3 times a week or as needed.
Is it right for my child?
- Speech Therapy is appropriate for children of any age or ability. Every child is different, so signs of a problem will vary. A thorough assessment of your child’s abilities will guide the course of therapy that is best.
- Common disorders we treat include Apraxia of Speech, Articulation and Phonological Disorders, Oral Motor Impairments, Language Disorders, Feeding Disorders, and Social/Pragmatic Impairments.
What can I expect?
- Improvement in your child’s abilities! Effective Speech Therapy results in measurable progress in many areas, including communication, receptive and expressive language, speech intelligibility, social cognition, feeding skills, oral motor and executive functioning, and organizational skills.
- As a parent, you’ll receive daily reports on your child’s progress as well as monthly session summaries. You’ll also be able to observe your child’s therapy sessions and learn how to support your child’s progress at home.